Monday, March 14, 2016

Praying For My Country

Here in our country of the United States it's an election year. In all of my years of observing television debates, political advertisements, and political interviews I don't ever recall seeing such turmoil. Yes, there have been heated debates and comments tossed around in the past, but this year the hostile activity has gone to the extreme. From what I'm reading and hearing, a lot of US citizens are exasperated---with candidates, our political system, and what has happened in our great country. Some people are going so far as to say it's "too late" and there's little---if any---hope for our country's future.
While I do agree that our country has seen a big moral decline among many other problems, I refuse to say it's "too late" - - because I believe our country still has a LOT of Bible-believing Christians who understand the principles our great nation was founded on.
So what can just ONE Christian do? Besides voting and not being afraid to stand up for what is right, we must PRAY. Earnestly and steadfastly. Not just a quick little prayer every now and then, but many, many heartfelt prayers to our mighty God asking Him to guide and help our country. Without the Lord, there's no hope. But WITH HIM, we have great hope!
     If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
                                                         II Chronicles 7:14

No comments: