Thursday, December 31, 2015

Old Year - New Year

Wow! How can it already be the last day of 2015??
I honestly don't think I've ever felt that a year has flown as quickly as this year has, and I know I'm not alone. I've heard many people--even young people--comment that the days seem to fly by.
In my humble opinion, I think the main reason is that many folks--young and old alike--stay super busy these days. Busy schedules combined with all the technology at our fingertips (which can be good but also VERY overwhelming at times) and it seems each day whizzes by.
Since I can't slow down my clock or my calendar, what I can do is make sure I'm living each day to the fullest in the way that God would have me live. As a Christian, I want to live my life in obedience to Him, and doing activities He would have me to do.
As I look back over this "old year" 2015, I am very thankful for my many blessings and the opportunities that the Lord provided for me to serve Him. But as I look ahead to the "new year" 2016 I want to focus even more on looking for daily opportunities to serve the Lord and live for Him. Then I know I truly will be living my life to the fullest!
     So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.   Psalm 90:12

No comments: