Sunday, June 28, 2015

We All Need GOOD NEWS!

It seems that many people I've spoken with in recent weeks have been very discouraged, and it's no wonder. Just viewing a news report on television or reading the newspaper is enough to send our mood spiraling down--way down. Even though I know it's important to "keep up" with what's going on in our country and the world, I think we can become bombarded by so much bad news that we let it affect us too much. At least that's how I feel at times.
I'm not suggesting that we ignore news reports or be oblivious to what is happening, but I personally feel we need to limit how much "bad" news we take in.
I've also been making more of an effort to pray - - really PRAY - - about people and situations I hear about in news reports.
What has helped me most of all is turning to the GOOD NEWS, my Bible. I continue to be amazed at verses that seem to speak to my heart about a particular situation or concern. Even verses I've read many times in the past seem clearer to me as I open my mind and heart to God's Word.
So while the world around me seems to be overwhelmed in bad news, I will cling to the hope that I have in my God, and the Good News He offers us.
      Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.   John 14:27

2 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

Hi Patti Jo! What a powerful post you have here.It is a good thing that Joseph didn't bury his head in the sand and let the world go by. We are to pray and pray hard and know our Lord. We still have so very much to be grateful for and we can pray that the ungodly choices that are made and the limitations to Christians will be turned around. The Bible is truly the GOOD NEWS! You are so right! :)

CatMom said...

Thank you for your comments, sweet Sue.
I hope you're having a wonderful summer!
Hugs, Patti Jo :)