Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Adventure

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of August---this summer seemed to zip by for me and lots of other folks!
This August included something VERY special for me, and something I've been wanting to do for a while.
My 4 very best friends (from way back in high school!) and I took a little beach vacation together, and it was wonderful. We were blessed with lots of sunshine-bright days, delicious food, and gorgeous sunsets each evening. We all agreed the trip was perfect, and we're hoping to take future trips together.
But perhaps what we all enjoyed the most was being together--talking, laughing, and viewing "old" photos. When I arrived home from the trip, my daughter thought I was sick because my voice was SO hoarse!
I've always treasured my friends, but being able to enjoy a vacation with my best friends was a reminder of how very precious they are to me. I thank God for each of them, and feel soooo very blessed.


     I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. ~ Philippians 1:3

3 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your vacation with your high school friends! Friends are indeed treasures to be valued! :)

CatMom said...

Hi Sue! Yes, you are so right about friends being treasures.
Thanks for stopping by, and I can't wait to see you at ACFW!
Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Susan Marlene said...

Yeah!!! I'm thrilled that you are going! :) Thank you for stopping by tailwagging friends! :)