Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bad News - - GOOD NEWS!

Recently there's been an overwhelming amount of bad news---on television, in the newspapers, in internet articles, the radio---it seems everywhere we turn, we're being bombarded by reports of crime, war, poverty, and the list goes on. It has been heart-wrenching to read about the fighting in parts of the Middle East, with countless innocent lives being affected. Other parts of the world also have unrest, poverty, and tragic events unfolding.
As a Christian, my heart is so very burdened for the people in these situations--especially the innocent children. So I pray for them---and then pray some more.
At times the "bad news" just gets to be too much. We need to be aware of what's going on in our world--here at home in our country and in other areas too. But I honestly don't believe we are supposed to constantly dwell on the horrible events after we earnestly pray for the people and the situations. We must balance our lives, and for me that means having some GOOD NEWS.
I certainly don't claim to have the answers for the world's problems, but my Bible does. In fact, the Bible is THE guide for life. Now this doesn't mean that opening up my Bible suddenly makes all my problems (or anyone's problems) go away. But reading, studying, and searching through my Bible guides me, comforts me, and instructs me. Best of all, my Bible proclaims the most glorious GOOD NEWS of all: Jesus Christ died for our sins, so for Christians, this means no matter how awful things seem to be here on earth, one day we will LIVE FOREVER with our Savior!! In Heaven where there is NO war, poverty, sickness----NO problems at all! I believe this with all of my heart, because my Bible tells me. In this world of so much bad news, I'm so very thankful that I have GOOD NEWS to remind me of the blessed hope I have in Jesus.
     In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.   Titus 1:2

3 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

I love your post! I so agree. Sometimes it feels like we should almost feel guilty to enjoy life or receive a blessing because there is so much suffering and unrest in the world. Maybe God just enjoys it when someone is blessed and grateful! PTL I'm so grateful to Him... His love and kindness and sweetness is unmatched! We certainly need to pray and praise! Thank you for trying to stop by my new blog inkyquillbysuzie! I've been so busy writing polishing my contemporary that I've not visited or blogged much! I've got to get busy with it! :) I'm going to ACFW are you? :)

Susan Marlene said...

Patti Jo I put a comment on inkyquillbysuzie.blogspot.com for you and my sister experienced issues also. No one else has told me that they have had any problems. Therefore you are in the running to see if you will win the book! I will pick out the name tomorrow and we will see who the winner is! :) Fun fun!! I hope all is well with you. I got the pin out of my finger! :) Moving forward right!

CatMom said...

Hey precious Sue!
This summer is flying by, and I realized I needed to check my blog! Thank you so much for visiting. :)
Thank you also for putting my name in at your new blog!
Yes, Lord willing I'll be at ACFW, so please look for me (and I'll be looking for you too!).
SO thankful you got the pin out of your finger---YAY!! :)
Hugs, Patti Jo