Saturday, May 24, 2014

I Love My Country

As we prepare to celebrate Memorial Day here in the USA, it's been concerning me to see how companies are using this special day (and weekend) to sell their products. Rather than placing  the emphasis on remembering and honoring the fallen Military heroes who have served our great country, it seems that too many people have focused more on having fun - - and companies have focused on drawing in more buyers for their products. I'm not trying to be critical or say we shouldn't have Memorial Day gatherings or cook-outs. But I do think we need to keep the focus on honoring and remembering our defenders. Those many men and women who have bravely served and defended our great country so we may continue to live freely. After all, America is a truly great country - - thanks to those who have gone before us. As I proudly display my American flag in front of my house, I'm also proclaiming in my heart: I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!

No comments: