Monday, April 7, 2014

Through the Deep Waters

Christian author Kim Vogel Sawyer has written yet another book that I absolutely LOVED and highly recommend. Through the Deep Waters is set in 1883 Kansas, and the story follows Dinah Hubley and Amos Ackerman.
Beginning with a heart-wrenching situation, the author weaves an amazing tale of healing, forgiveness, and love. My heart ached for Dinah, raised in a brothel and feeling unloved. Amos, a gentle Christian man who was a chicken farmer, made the perfect hero for this story.
As I followed Dinah's journey as she pursues a new life, and Amos's determination to show Christ's love to her, I read with tears in my eyes at times.
Through the Deep Waters is a story that clearly shows  no matter how broken a person feels, or how painful a past, the Lord can heal and restore life and joy.
Even though I have genuinely enjoyed ALL of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books, this one just might be her very best one yet.

No comments: